香港大学中文论坛

找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 34242|回复: 0

《战争之王》经典台词

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-13 10:05:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Here, I'd been running away from violence my whole life, and I should have been running towards it. It's in our nature. The earliest human skeletons had spearheads in their ribcages.  
  我的一生都想远离暴力,但其实我更该接近它才对,这是人类的天性,人类最早遗骸的胸腔中,就有矛头。  

-- What, you opening a gun shop?  
  -- Already more of those in America than McDonald's.  
  -- 怎么,你要开个枪店?  
  -- 美国的枪店已经比麦当劳还多了。  

Sir, sir, may I interest you in the shoulder-fired SA-7 surface-to-air missile? It's the older Chinese model. Not so effective against modern military aircraft, but deadly if used against a commercial airliner.  
  先生,有没兴趣看看肩扛式SA-7地对空导弹,中国造,过时的型号,用在现代军事战机上或许不行,不过打打商业客机,还是挺不错的。  

Bullets change governments far surer than votes.  
  改朝换代枪杆子要比选票更可靠。  

I supplied every army but the Salvation Army. I sold Israeli-made Uzis to Muslims. I sold communist-made bullets to fascists. I even shipped cargo to Afghanistan when they were fighting my fellow Soviets. I never sold to Osama bin Laden. Not on any moral grounds. Back then he was always bouncing checks.  
  除了"救世军",我卖武器给任何一支军队,我把以色列造的乌兹冲锋枪卖给回教徒,我把共产主义造的子弹卖给法西斯,我还把军火运到阿富汗,尽管他们在打我的苏联盟军,我从来没卖给过奥萨姆.本.拉登,不是因为道德问题,而是那时他的支票总是跳票。  

-- I don't think you're going just to sell Pepsi-Cola. Is this how you want to be remembered?  
  -- I don't want to be remembered at all. If I'm being remembered it means I'm dead.  
  -- 我不信你回去只是要卖百事可乐,这是你希望被后人纪念的方式吗?  
  -- 我根本不希望留名青史,如果是那样,就表示我已经死了。  

Since the end of the Cold War the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar and suicidal novelists.自从冷战结束后,卡拉什尼可夫(AK-47)成为了苏联主要的出口货物,接着是伏特加酒,鱼子酱和有自杀倾向的诗人。  

In the most AIDS infested region of the globe, where one in four is infected, Andre's idea of a joke was to put a young Iman and a young Naomi in my bed and no condom within 100 miles.  
  在全球艾滋病最猖獗的地方,四个人中就有一个人感染,安德烈和我开玩笑的方式,就是把两个漂亮的女人放到我床上,而且在方圆一百英里内找不到保险套。  

-- Hello, Mr. Yuri.  
  -- Hi.  
  -- We'd be happy to make you happy.  
  -- Uh...I can't. I'd love to, but I can't.  
  -- Don't worry. We don't have anything.  
  -- Oh. How do you know?  
  -- Do we look like it?  
  -- What if I have AlDS? Don't you worry?  
  -- You worry too much.  
  -- Why do you worry about something that can kill you in 10 years when there's so many things that can kill you today?  
  -- 你的快乐就是我们的快乐。  
  -- 噢...我狠想,但是我不能这么做。  
  -- 别担心,我们没有病。  
  -- 哦,你们怎么知道的呢?  
  -- 我们看起来像有病吗?  
  -- 如果我有艾滋病呢?你们不担心吗?  
  -- 你担心的太多了。  
  -- 为什么你现在担心一个十年后才会要你命的病,今天就能要你命的事物比比皆是。  

How many car salesmen talk about their work, huh? How many cigarette salesmen? Both their products kill more people every year than mine. At least mine has a safety switch.  
  卖车的会告诉你开车有危险?卖香烟的会告诉你吸烟会死?每年他们的商品比我的害死更多人,起码我的商品还有个保险栓呢。  

Do you know why I do what I do? I mean, there are more prestigious assignments. Keeping track of nuclear arsenals. You'd think that more critical to world security, but it's not. No, nine out of 10 war victims today are killed with assault rifles and small arms like yours. Those nuclear missiles, they sit in their silos. Your AK-47, that is the real weapon of mass destruction知道为什么我追查你到这里?我能选择其它更荣耀的任务,比方追查核武,你认为那对世界和平更重要?不对!今天十个战争受害者中有九人,是死于攻击性来福枪和小型武器,正如你的商品,那些核飞弹?它们还在发射井里待着呢,你的AK-47才是大规模杀伤性武器。  

Every faction in Africa calls themselves by these noble names Liberation-this, Patriotic-that, Democratic Republic of something-or-other. I guess they can't own up to what they usually are -- Federation of Worse Oppressors Than the Last Bunch of Oppressors. Often, the most barbaric atrocities occur when both combatants proclaim themselves freedom fighters.  
  每一个在非洲的派系,喜欢给自己起一些高尚的名字,解放这个,爱国那个,或者共和或民主什么的,也许他们不知道自己是什么,地球唯一喜欢战争的民族,往往最残忍的暴行都出自声称自己为自由战士的人们。  

Let me tell you what's gonna happen. This way you can prepare yourself. Okay. Soon there's gonna be a knock on that door and you will be called outside. In the hall there will be a man who outranks you. First, he'll compliment you on the fine job you've done, that you're making the world a safer place, that you're to receive a commendation and a promotion. And then he's going to tell you that I am to be released. You're going to protest. You'll probably threaten to resign. But in the end I will be released. The reason I'll be released is the same reason you think I'll be convicted. I do rub shoulders with some of the most vile, sadistic men calling themselves leaders today. But some of those men are the enemies of your enemies. And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss, the President of the United States, who ships more merchandise in a day than I do in a year... sometimes it's embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns. Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me to supply forces he can't be seen supplying. So... you call me evil. But unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil.  
  让我来告诉你将会发生什么,这样可以让你有所准备,很快,会有人来敲门,你会被叫到外面去,在过道里,会有一个官阶比你高的人站在那里,首先,他会祝贺你所做的一切,你使世界成为一个和平的地方,你会得到嘉奖或升职,然后他会告诉你,我需要被释放,你会反对,你也许会以辞职来要挟他,但是在最后,我会被释放,我被释放的原因,和你认为我会被判刑的原因是一样的,我和一些世界上称自己为领导人的人打交道,这些人当中有一些人是你的敌人的敌人,世界上最大的军火交易商是你的老板,美国的总统,他一天卖的,比我一年卖的还多,有时,在枪支上找到他的指纹是一件很尴尬的事,有时,他需要像我这样的自由工作者,来支持那些他不方便支持的军队,所以,你称我为恶魔,但不幸的是,对你,我是一个必须要存在的恶魔。  

You know who's going to inherit the Earth? Arms dealers. Because everyone else is too busy killing each other.  
  你知道谁会坐拥这个世界?是军火商,因为其他人都在忙着自相残杀而最终灭亡。  

WHILE PRIVATE GUNRUNNERS CONTINUE TO THRIVE. THE WORLD'S BIGGEST ARMS SUPPLIERS ARE THE U.S., U.K., RUSSIA, FRANCE AND CHINA. THEY ARE ALSO THE FIVE PERMANENT MEMBERS OF THE U.N. SECURITY COUNCIL.  
  尽管军火走私愈演愈烈,世界上最大的军火供应商却是美、英、俄、法、中,他们同时也是联合国安理会五个常任理事国
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机访问本页请
扫描左边二维码
         本网站声明
本网站所有内容为网友上传,若存在版权问题或是相关责任请联系站长!
站长电话:0898-66661599    站长联系QQ:7123767   
         站长微信:7123767
请扫描右边二维码
www.jtche.com

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|香港大学中文论坛 ( 渝ICP备17010310号-15 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-19 11:12 , Processed in 0.051723 second(s), 14 queries .